8 HOUR RIGGING WORKER REFRESHER
We are offering the following NYC Department of Building Approved Class at Local 46 Learning Center.
ALL CLASSES OFFERED ARE FOR LOCAL 46 MEMBERS ONLY
Course Description: This class provides the worker with an overall view of basic rigging and the DOB policies and procedures. There is a 50 question multiple choice test you must pass to receive a DOB approved picture ID certification. This card expires every 4 years from the date of completion.
Instructors: Kenneth Moore and Kelsey McCabe
Length of Course: 8 hours of instructional time, not including breaks and lunch
Location of Course
Local 46 Learning Center
61-02 32nd Avenue
Woodside, NY 11377
Target Audience: This course is mandatory for all apprentices and optional for journeymen.
- NYC DOB Course Requirements
- NYC DOB Building Codes
- Ironworker Cranes Reference Guide
- Ironworker Rigging Reference Guide
- ASME B30.5 Mobile and Locomotive Cranes
- ASME B30.10 Hooks
- ASME B30.20 Below-the-Hook Lifting Devices
- OSHA 1910.184 S Lines
- OSHA 1926.251 Rigging Equipment for Material Handling
- OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Subpart CC Cranes & Derricks in Construction
- NYC Transit Website
- ASME B30.26 Rigging Hardware
- ASME B30.9 Slings