16 HOUR RIGGING WORKER
We are offering the following NYC Department of Building Approved Class at Local 46 Learning Center.
ALL CLASSES OFFERED ARE FOR LOCAL 46 MEMBERS ONLY
Course Description: The NYC Department of Buildings requires that anyone who is hoisting or lowering material on the outside of a building must complete a 16 hour rigging worker class. This class covers inspections before use, identifying weight capacities, signal operations, and various types of rigging equipment. You will receive a DOB approved photo ID certification if you pass a two-part test: hands on and a 50 question multiple choice test. This certification expires every 4 years.
Instructors: Kenneth Moore and Kelsey McCabe
Length of Course: 16 hours of instructional time, not including breaks and lunch
Location of Course
Local 46 Learning Center
61-02 32nd Avenue
Woodside, NY 11377
Target Audience: This course is mandatory for all apprentices and optional for journeymen.
- NYC DOB Course Requirements
- NYC DOB Building Codes
- Ironworker Cranes Reference Guide
- Ironworker Rigging Reference Guide
- ASME B30.5 Mobile and Locomotive Cranes
- ASME B30.10 Hooks
- ASME B30.20 Below-the-Hook Lifting Devices
- OSHA 1910.184 S Lines
- OSHA 1926.251 Rigging Equipment for Material Handling
- OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Subpart CC Cranes & Derricks in Construction
- NYC Transit Website
- ASME B30.26 Rigging Hardware
- ASME B30.9 Slings